– Fixed bug when changing movement type while shooting/aiming.
– Fixed bug that would make the player character disappear if movement set to sneak as the very first thing after game load/start.
– Fixed minor issue with double-clicking to run.
– Added melee combat.
– Added two additonal test maps (and a variation of the Hensley International map for when the assassination job has been completed).
– Added overworld map that’s accessed when walking to the edge of a map.
– Added ‘Restart this location’ functionality.
– Redid the entire save game system to save information about multiple maps.
– The game now asks for confirmation before overwriting an existing savegame.
– Fixed issue with light sources on a tile with a coffee table.
– Fixed minor graphical bug at some wall joints.
– Created the player character’s look and implemented the system for having characters with unique appearances.
– Made the animation and sprites for sneaking.
– Removed the planned separate sneaking movement mode (which was supposed to be more silent, while crouching would just hide you behind cover).
– Removed Combat Mode and just made it so that characters you need to talk to can’t be attacked.
– Added Tactical Mode in place of Combat Mode, which highlights stuff that can be interacted with, shows the restriction level of areas (green, yellow, red) and displays a color-coded field-of-view cone for NPCs (and a white field-of-view circle for the player).
– Fixed bug with saving open doors.
– Fixed issue that made NPCs react to seeing you with a weapon in another building.
– Fixed bug that made it impossible to do an aimed shot while crouching.
– Fixed minor issue with the opening and closing of some doors not affecting tile lighting.
– Fixed some issues with elevators that could severly mess up the pathfinding of NPCs.
– Fixed player and background noise levels getting stuck if sound files are missing for some reason.
– Fixed bug that would cause the player to still be alive after dying if he was following a character when killed (i.e. the player had clicked on a character and the player character was walking up to that character).
– Fixed issue that would make a character face in a different direction than he was moving when getting out of another character’s way.
– Fixed bug that would make a character choose an edge tile to walk to when getting out of another character’s way.
– Made level visibility also apply to other buildings.
– Added power lines overlay when hovering over fuse boxes (and other stuff that’s connected to something else via power lines).
– When clicking on a world object or using an item on it, the player character will now automatically walk up to it if it’s out of reach (but not if the player character is in one building and the object in another).
– You can now shoot at characters in an elevator, and they can shoot at you.
– Made sure the current objective screen is removed if you walk into an elevator and the elevator buttons are displayed or walk up to talk to a character.
– Added an arrow for when hovering over an edge tile to show that going there will make you leave the map.
– Integrated the current objective and restart location buttons better with the interface.
– Made placement of character dialogue take into account whether or not the character is in a moving elevator.
– Changed the name of the Electric Surge and Lock Override devices to Remote Power Surge and Remote Door Lock.
– Added functionality to the scripting language so that actions can be set to only occur after a dialogue has ended and the player has closed the dialogue screen (such as the receptionist only going to investigate the car alarm when the player closes the dialogue window).
– Some changes to the test map.
– Fixed bug that would potentially crash the game when drawing the selection outline around a shooting character whose line of sight is broken.
– Fixed an error in the level design that made it possible to shoot the CEO from the adjacent building without doing anything else (it wasn’t supposed to be that easy!).
Here’s a quick bug-fix release I wanted out, as the next release will probably take a week or two to get out:
– Fixed bug that crashed the game when placing a device.
– Fixed bug with item labels (for picking up stuff from the ground or placed devices) not being positioned correctly if resolution changed.
– Fixed issue with attacking guards constantly opening and closing a door if the target is right on the other side.
– Fixed bug that would freeze the game when loading a new objective from the script file (temporary script file wasn’t created when loading a game, only when starting new game).
– Fixed rare crashing bug when drawing the character selection border.
– Fixed patrolling AIs being stopped indefinitely by a locked door.
– Fixed issue that would make inventory items disappear if you tried to use them on something they can’t be used on.
– Higher chance of player hitting target when shooting (non-aimed).
– Player aiming/shooting animations won’t get interrupted when taking damage.
– Balancing of damage given when shooting.
– Damage dealt shown.
– You can now also rotate the map with Q and E.
Here’s a new version with a couple of fixes – and native Linux compiles.
– Fixed issue with rendering of character shadows that would potentially crash the game.
– Fixed bug that allowed you to access objects through walls.
– You can now also scroll the map with W, A, S, D.
There are two executables. The debug version may run a bit slower on older systems as it’s doing range checks on variables and such. If you’re getting slow-downs, try running the non-debug version. But if you can, please use the debug version, as this will provide valuable information in case of a crash. Pressing F1 in either version will display the current rendering speed (if the number goes below 0, it means there are slow-downs). A Linux version is in the works, and I hope to release that in a week or so.
Hope you enjoy this test map! Please share on the forums how it ran on your computer and what you thought of it. And see if you can complete the assassination job with 100% stealth!