Posted in Hidden Asset Videos

Development Video #17

June 11th, 2012 - 11:56 am

Here’s the new development video:

Watch it in HD!

Shown in this video:

• Smooth lighting
  • Tooltips
  • Containers, keycards and locked doors
  • Line-of-sight and covers
  • Crouching
  • New map edges

Comments

demonslay999

June 11th, 2012 11:56 am

looks nice, the system for couching is good (aside form not having an animation along with cloths lol) same with the line of site, I also like how since the target is moving and your aiming at them that they to are moving so it’s like it is all in real time. Definitely like fallout only in that time stopped to execute VATTS.

demonslay999

June 11th, 2012 11:56 am

[edit] a quick question though will being crouched effect how your aiming cursor is? or is it yet to be implemented or not planed? as the cursor seems to be a bit jittery (like it would be lol)

Christian Knudsen

June 13th, 2012 11:56 am

Currently, you can’t shoot while crouched. Well, you can, but he’ll just stand up. I haven’t yet decided if shooting while crouched will be added, or even all that necessary.

Onaka

June 16th, 2012 11:56 am

I can instantly think of a reason to implement it. Let’s say you’re in a small path between two waist-high walls and guards are patrolling on one or both sides of those walls. With a silenced weapon, you could conceivably shoot from cover without having any of the guards see or hear you. If you get up to shoot, they’ll see you and you could have lost a chance to take out your target, or to distract the guards.

JD

June 11th, 2012 11:56 am

The quality of the game keeps improving with every video you make. Keep up this great work. Pascal FTW :-)

UsF

June 13th, 2012 11:56 am

RPS brought me to this game and I have to say, that this looks really awesome. If you can make the sandbox elements behave dynamically, as you are currently trying to, this could be used for so much more.

From the games title at first, I thought it was a skirmish game, similar to the science and industry mod, but on a larger level, where corporations try to run their business and you can influence the situation, work for them, steal, make your own company, whatever you like. :D Happy to follow for now and support this when the time comes.

Deadyawn

June 13th, 2012 11:56 am

It’s probably ironic that about a week ago I discovered Ascii Sector and have been having fun with that since then. Just now a friend of mine pointed me to this and the first thing I noticed was Christian Knudsen’s name only to find myself tragically late to the party once again.
Anyway, me being the sucker for stealth based games that I am, I must say I’m very interested in this game. And the developer videos are a great way to see the game grow from a single sprite walking around on a field of muted brown to a slowly expanding interactive world.
I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this project.

TheBuzzSaw

June 13th, 2012 11:56 am

Where did the music come from? Did you make it yourself? What software did you use? The tempo and instrumentation remind me very much of Pirate Galaxy (a F2P MMO space game).

Christian Knudsen

June 13th, 2012 11:56 am

The music in the video is Creative Commons music by Kevin MacLeod (www.incompetech.com). I haven’t yet decided what music will be in the final game.

GLI

June 21st, 2012 11:56 am

How about extra hiding option? I mean when guards are coming PC could try to hide a little more e.g. by cower and nuzzle to a wall. During such extra hiding movement and/or shooting should be impossible.

Another things are “traps”. I mean natural traps for sneaky guys – high grass that makes more noise, bushes that makes noise and blocks/slow down PC during sneaking.

Well, even in highly urbanized environment there could be “traps” like:
– paper trashes,
– empty cans,
– barking dogs,
– puddles,
– mud that can stick to feet and then PC should leave his trails e.g. at clean and white flours of offices, etc.

Such “traps” could be used to feint guards by:
– leaving fake trails,
– dropping empty tin to make noise in different region,
– fire up banger, etc.

GLI

June 21st, 2012 11:56 am

flours => floors ^_^

Leave Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.