Posted in Hidden Asset Videos

Development Video #15

January 12th, 2012 - 1:13 am

It’s video time again!

Watch it in HD!

New stuff in this video:

• Finished the in-game interface
  • Almost finished the menus
  • Tied player actions to noise and suspicion generation
  • Particle effects to show characters growing suspicious
  • Added pauses to character dialogue
  • Resolution can now be changed in-game
  • Added small thumbnail images for saved games

I’ve also almost finished work on doubling the directions for the male aiming and shooting animations (from 8 to 16 directions). After that, I’ll make the missing sprites for female characters (aiming, shooting, hit, and fall/die). There’s also still a bunch of minor things, bug fixes, optimizations and tune-ups.

When all that’s done, I think I’ll begin working on the AI, since that’s the biggest component missing before I can really start playing around with actual gameplay — and not just building the surrounding framework. I’m really looking forward to create a simple mission where you have to sneak past patrolling guards or get in a firefight. That’s when all this stuff will hopefully come together and be an actual game! After that, a release of the first pre-alpha version shouldn’t be far behind. Stay tuned!

Comments

Joseph

January 12th, 2012 1:13 am

This is amazing work you’ve done here. The game interface responds very smoothly. I am looking forward how this will progress, keep up this great work.

Christian Knudsen

January 14th, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks! Will do!

Lexus

January 13th, 2012 1:13 am

The interface looks very sleek and cool. I love the graphics style and color scheme. You’ve really done a great job. It looks like the engine pretty close to being finished.
Also, what program do you use for the NPC faces? Is it Poser?

Christian Knudsen

January 14th, 2012 1:13 am

Yep, Poser with a few touch-ups in GIMP.

Sepehr Aryani

January 15th, 2012 1:13 am

I am totally waiting for it to be released. Keep going ;)

Nachtfischer

January 16th, 2012 1:13 am

I’m really looking forward to getting hands on this one. I just love those isometric graphics. I featured Hostile Takeover in my German blog recently in a post concerning the most promising indie games in development. :)

Christian Knudsen

January 24th, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks! I’m honored to be included with those other amazing games!

Liam Dawe

January 18th, 2012 1:13 am

Wooo keep it coming!

Konman

February 1st, 2012 1:13 am

Wow. I have been playing games since 1985 and am a dataabase/web developer, so I understand some concepts of coding and gaming and am just starting the C#/XNA tutorials etc etc (done some direct x 7/ Andre La Mothe stuff), but Wow. Just Wow! I love the way you openly share your development methods and your skill and attitude is both inspirational and humbling. Keep up the good work. I wait with abated breath for the launch of… Hostile Takeover. It is on my to buy list. Konrad from South Africa. :-)

Leave Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.