Posted in Art Hidden Asset

First environment assets

July 17th, 2011 - 5:48 pm

I’ve been working on assets for one of the environments encountered in the game’s first mission: the parking lot outside the building where your target is.

Click to enlarge

There isn’t much stuff yet, but it’s a start! If you look closely, you’ll notice a small red dot in the lower corner of the gray car’s windshield. This red dot blinks to indicate that the car has an alarm. Car alarms can be triggered and act as diversions to lure guards away from their post or drown out gunfire. That’s just one of the ways you’ll be using the environment to stealthily kill your target.

Comments

Victor

August 9th, 2011 5:48 pm

Looks like you’re making good progress!

Have you ever considered making Flash games? (although that’s more suitable for smaller games, I suppose) Just curious…

Christian Knudsen

August 10th, 2011 5:48 pm

Not really. Like you say, Flash is probably more suitable for smaller and more casual games, and the games I want to make don’t really fit that. It also seems like making money from Flash games is pretty tough these days with the market being completely flooded and the games needing a lot of plays to make enough money from ads. I’m sticking to downloadable niche games for now. :)

Lexus

August 21st, 2011 5:48 pm

This is starting to turn into a more modern, different story, better graphics Fallout 1 or 2…

GLI

August 23rd, 2011 5:48 pm

So far it looks like “UFO: Enemy Unknown”… :>

Christian Knudsen

August 31st, 2011 5:48 pm

Those two game series are my primary inspiration (at least graphically), so that must mean I’m on the right track! :D

Lexus

August 31st, 2011 5:48 pm

Please don’t use Fallout’s AP system though… ASCII Sector’s combat was better…

Christian Knudsen

September 1st, 2011 5:48 pm

It uses neither – it’s real-time.

GLI

September 1st, 2011 5:48 pm

What a pitty… ;-(
How about “active pause” for future players who wants to think a little?

Christian Knudsen

September 1st, 2011 5:48 pm

It’s very possible I’ll add something like that if it proves necessary.

Lexus

September 2nd, 2011 5:48 pm

How big will the world be? Are there going to be multiple cities? How many corporations will there be?

Christian Knudsen

September 4th, 2011 5:48 pm

My current plan is to have 3 cities, one for each of the story’s acts. Each city will be presented by a map, where you can click to go to active locations (missions, your apartment, and so on). I haven’t decided on the number of corporations yet — that’ll probably depend on the details of the story.

Leave Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.